I have always had make do PC’s, they have always been custom built. I have never just gone to PC world and picked one off the shelf, but I have always had the best I could get for the money I was willing to spend or could afford to spend.
This time round I have gone to Overclockers as me and the bf can’t be arsed to fit it, I chose my custom build PC with a little help from a friend and put a much larger budget towards it – three times what I would normally pay!
Bye bye AMD and hello Intel!
This is what I have treated myself to:
- Aerocool P7-C1 Midi Tower Gaming Case – Black
- Gigabyte GA-Z270-Gaming K3 Intel Z270 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
- Intel Core i5-7600 3.50GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor – Retail
- Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Edition 8192MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card (ZT-P10800C-10P)
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-21300C16 2666MHz Dual Channel Kit – Black (CMK16GX4M2A26
- Corsair Hydro Series H80i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CW-9060024-WW)
- Samsung 250GB 850 EVO SSD 2.5″ SATA 6Gbps 32 Layer 3D V-NAND Solid State Drive (MZ-75E250B/EU)
- Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD – OEM (ST1000DM010)
- Super Flower Leadex II 750W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply – Black
- Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 PCI-Express Sound Card with built in Headphone Amp
- BitFenix Alchemy 2.0 Magnetic Connect 15 LED-Strip 30cm – Blue
- Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit DVD – OEM (MS-KW9-00139)
For the GPU I went 1080 as I do plan to eventually replace one of my monitors with a 4k and this will allow me to play Guild Wars 2 at max settings, where I have been told a 1070 with a 4k on max might have little less FPS.
I have to wait over 7 days, I am going to have a nice clean install and move over programs that I want and need from my old PC, move over GW2 on my small SSD and reuse the odd DVD writer etc – I AM SO EXCITED!!
I will see GW2 in the full beauty it deserves and keep some healthy FPS up. I will also benefit from shadowplay as I often wish I could click a button and record what I just seen, my PC used to crash when recording sometimes.
Last but not least this was a hard decision as I felt guilty using some cash my dad left to buy this. He knows Gaming was my passion and I hope he approves of my purchase.
Thank you dad, R.I.P x x x x